Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - Poll - Number of Nations should equal number of players +1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poll - Number of Nations should equal number of players +1

View previous topic :: View next topic  

0%
 0%  [ ]
0%
 0%  [ ]
Total Votes : 0

Nasher1976

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Poll - Number of Nations should equal number of players +1 Reply with quote

It sometimes feels unfair that the last player to pick a nation gets no choice and ends up with a terrible nation. It also reduces the strategy of the game and increases the luck. An idea would be to increase the number of nations to the number of players +1. E.g.s in a 2 player game there would be 3 nations to pick from and in a 6 player game there would be 7 nations to pick from.
Nasher1976

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please share the reasons for your decision
Corwin007

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see this included as an option. The fact that the first player doesn't have a choice is a bit annoying.

Voyages of Marco Polo does this already, using n+1 characters, and in my group we even play it with n+2 because while several characters have impressive powers, you might still end up with 2 pretty bad ones... Same with Clans of Caledonia, and probably others I'm forgetting.

Many other games will let each player choose between two powers, or between all left in the game.

Santa Maria is the only one I know where with max players the last to pick only has one option, and I think it's the poorer for it.
Nasher1976

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three votes for no and no reason put down?!
Corwin007

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing some people are opposed to house rules. But I don't see why they would be opposed to it as an option. :?:
MathiasK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is implemented as an option, no problem
Talaborn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted „no“; the poll ask for a general change of rules. For this i dont agree. There is nothing to say against an option, if Mabi like to install this. But I wouldnt choose this Option. First Position willbecome too strong, imho. Greetings Talaborn
LordChambers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corwin007 wrote:
I'm guessing some people are opposed to house rules. But I don't see why they would be opposed to it as an option. :?:

The reason someone may be opposed to it as an option is that it ruins the convenience afforded by having community standards. Can you imagine some players feeling stuck that they play some games under one rule and some games over another? Or feeling that games are less exciting when we shuck off the outer layer of Nations and focus on the stronger core nations in each game? Perhaps these players have seen elsewhere the fruitless and detrimental power creep that results when players house-rule components of a game.

Options seem harmless if you only consider logical rhetoric, "how can this rule bother you when you can opt out?" If you also consider practice, you can probably see why other players may oppose additional options.
Nasher1976

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this was to be an option, not forcing everyone to adopt this. Just like 6 player is not in the official rules but is an option here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> Nations All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum