Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - Stuck game as player won't move
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuck game as player won't move

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corwin007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Stuck game as player won't move Reply with quote

This game has been stuck for more than two weeks: http://www.mabiweb.com/modules.php?name=GM_Nations&g_id=70014&op=view_game_reset

I sent a PM to the player whose move it is, but got no answer. They have moved in a lot of other games in the meantime, but not in this one. Is there any way to cancel the game if they don't move?
B_Factor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Stuck game as player won't move Reply with quote

Corwin007 wrote:
This game has been stuck for more than two weeks: http://www.mabiweb.com/modules.php?name=GM_Nations&g_id=70014&op=view_game_reset

I sent a PM to the player whose move it is, but got no answer. They have moved in a lot of other games in the meantime, but not in this one. Is there any way to cancel the game if they don't move?

There are tons of other threads in this forum about players who abandon their games; you'll see that MaBi has replied in some of them indicating that games will be deleted after 20 days of inactivity (this was a change from the previous setting of 30 days).

Nonetheless, I thank you for the warning about this player, Alex13, as I have regrettably started two games with him/her involved. I always check to see if a player has finished games before starting new ones with them, but my request to MaBi to show abandoned games in a player's record has not been accepted.
Corwin007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Stuck game as player won't move Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Guess I could have done a search before. :) Not sure why they stopped moving, it's quite early in the game and nothing weird happened.
B_Factor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Stuck game as player won't move Reply with quote

Corwin007 wrote:
Thanks for the info. Guess I could have done a search before. :) Not sure why they stopped moving, it's quite early in the game and nothing weird happened.

Speaking broadly across all aspects of life, I usually come up empty when I try to guess why unreasonable people do unreasonable things. :-/

But he's not in a great position in that game, judging by a quick glance of the prior round's Resolution Phase and the current relative VP counts are any indicator.

In any event, I've taken a screen capture of the entire Running games page for Nations so that there's documentation of this garbage.
B_Factor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuck game as player won't move Reply with quote

Corwin007 wrote:

This player, Alex13, is at it again, refusing to resolve the event in game 70316 so that the game can finish. The game has been stuck for 11 days now, but the player continues to take turns in other games. Terrible behaviour; I recommend all players avoid this poor sport.
LordChambers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gratitude for the chance to play Nations online at all doesn't diminish my wish for more table controls. You can't boot people who join your table. The game starts automatically when reaching specified player count. If we can't withdraw from games or boot players, I at least wish I could have the authority not to start it with someone I don't want to play with. In other words, there's no way to avoid Alex13 unless he joins a game before you.

Pass-worded games provide an option, but I can't think of a good way to broadly distribute passwords to players who I just happen not to know. My strategy at the moment is just to organize rematches with players after a game completed if it was satisfying. Gratefully, the negative experiences I have are few and blowing off a little steam in a post like this does the trick.
siegfried_cf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a new addition to the club of 'wannabe invincible' -s, who are ignoring hopelessly lost games, but playing actively in others.. ladies and gentlemen, please raise the roof for player ---XEROX---.. yeeey..
i am quite mild-tempered, so i am probably going to be an adult about it, forget this loser and move on, but i have this overwhelming urge to find out where this player lives, go see him, punch him in the face, trash all his electronic devices capable of connecting to this website, then punch him in the face again and leave..
I am hereby openly asking these players: why are you doing this? what is the ultimate purpose of having a high win rate, that you so desperately chase? please tell me! i just might understand..
Jonbone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i see players active in other games I will sometimes go in that games chat window and politely encourage the player to move in my game. it has worked on occasion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> Nations All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum