Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - Suggestion - Setup Options
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion - Setup Options

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverLynx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Suggestion - Setup Options Reply with quote

First of all, thanks a lot for this site.

I love this game but could not play it often due to the long duration of the game. Now, I'm playing several tables at once.

In the spirit of helping to improve it even more, here are a few suggestions for the setup before the game starts:

1. It would be great to be able to set the starting order.
For example, it could be a simple check box in the options for the game that would make people play in the order that they enter the game. When not checked, it would default to the current random order.

Not hard and would make the championships we are having more interesting.

2. It would be nice to be able to choose which Nations will be available for the game.
This way, one could take away a Nation that is way stronger or way weaker than the others. Then the setup would proceed normally by selecting random nations from the available ones.

This suggestion is a somewhat harder, as it would be necessary to include check boxes for all nations, or something like that.

3. It would be amazing to be able to take away from the deck before the start of the game some cards, like Sun Tzu or Suleiman, as these (and some other cards) disrupt the game.

I know this way more complicated, so I think one possibility would be to bundle these cards into a group and then put a check box saying something like: "Include obscenely OP cards? Yes No" It would only be a matter of choosing which cards should go into this bundle.

Anyways, these are just some suggestions that I think would be a good addition to the site. Take'em or leave'em. No worries. I'll continue to love this site anyway.

If I can help the site in any way, in this subject or any other, just let me know.

Once again, thanks for creating such a great place to play Nations.
MathiasK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggestion - Setup Options Reply with quote

SilverLynx wrote:
First of all, thanks a lot for this site.

1. It would be great to be able to set the starting order.
For example, it could be a simple check box in the options for the game that would make people play in the order that they enter the game. When not checked, it would default to the current random order.

Not hard and would make the championships we are having more interesting.

Love your suggestions!

1. Or make player order be decided by the game creator, rather than game entering order.
LordChambers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggestion - Setup Options Reply with quote

SilverLynx wrote:
First of all, thanks a lot for this site. 3. It would be amazing to be able to take away from the deck before the start of the game some cards, like Sun Tzu or Suleiman, as these (and some other cards) disrupt the game.

Whether Mabi implements the feature or not, this would be an excellent conversation for another thread. I'd be interested in understanding your view of Sun Tzu or a Suleiman and seeing what other players put on their overpowered list.
dralvaro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with SilverLynx and support his suggestions.

"Obscenely OP" :lol: :lol: :lol:
MathiasK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggestion - Setup Options Reply with quote

LordChambers wrote:

Whether Mabi implements the feature or not, this would be an excellent conversation for another thread. I'd be interested in understanding your view of Sun Tzu or a Suleiman and seeing what other players put on their overpowered list.

Can you create the thread, please?

Last edited by MathiasK on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
LordChambers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggestion - Setup Options Reply with quote

MathiasK wrote:
Can you create the thread, please?

For sure I can, but every time I've thought to I realized it would be more useful to finish up my analysis of the card deck. I'm compiling a spreadsheet with every card and will be able to say more than my perceptions. For instance, the probability of a cardtype in each age, distribution of resources across buildings and colonies by age (I think food is scarcest end-game), and groupings of cards by function, such as reducing costs/enhancing value of Golden Ages.

Suleiman and Lincoln are limited by ore, for instance, so if you've been in a low-ore game and see them come up, it's important to resist recalling internet claims they are overpowered.
MathiasK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Suggestion - Setup Options Reply with quote

LordChambers wrote:
I'm compiling a spreadsheet with every card and will be able to say more than my perceptions.

Now I am very intrested in looking at that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> Nations All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum