Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - Minor logging issues (report here instead of in a new topic)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minor logging issues (report here instead of in a new topic)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I noticed this issue looking for the bug reported in this thread: http://www.mabiweb.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=735
I'm working on it, will fix.
AzrgExplorers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I saw that thread after I made the post. Sorry to bother you about it again.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all, thanks to you for taking the time to report the bug.
And it is fixed now.
AzrgExplorers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: MIT effect not logged Reply with quote

When the "MIT" wonder grants the ability to deploy a worker for free on a new building, there is no mention of MIT in the log (e.g. "MIT effect:"). See for example Game #65785.
AzrgExplorers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Potala Palace scoring not logged Reply with quote

In game 65949 (recently finished), I seem to have received my points for Potala Palace at the end of the last round, but I don't see this anywhere in the log.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: MIT effect not logged Reply with quote

AzrgExplorers wrote:
When the "MIT" wonder grants the ability to deploy a worker for free on a new building, there is no mention of MIT in the log (e.g. "MIT effect:"). See for example Game #65785.

Right, this is fixed now.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Potala Palace scoring not logged Reply with quote

AzrgExplorers wrote:
In game 65949 (recently finished), I seem to have received my points for Potala Palace at the end of the last round, but I don't see this anywhere in the log.

Not sure about this, card scoring is never logged anywhere, it is always taken into account and continuously updated during the game in the scoring mouse-over. Should it be logged at the end of the game? In this case there should be a sort of summary scoring table where everything is displayed, not just cards scoring effects. I don't know but I doubt I will add this.
AzrgExplorers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the way the card is worded ("+1 (VP) per advisor"), I was expecting to receive victory point chips during scoring, rather than just having it counted towards card scoring. The wording is similar to cards like Carolus Linnaeus ("Buy Golden Age: Gain (VP): +1 (VP)"), which do give you victory point chips.

I checked the log for this because I wanted to confirm that it gave me two points because I had two advisors due to Zhu Xi. Being a programmer myself I'm always on the lookout for the corner cases that might break a program ;)
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AzrgExplorers wrote:
Just the way the card is worded ("+1 (VP) per advisor"), I was expecting to receive victory point chips during scoring, rather than just having it counted towards card scoring. The wording is similar to cards like Carolus Linnaeus ("Buy Golden Age: Gain (VP): +1 (VP)"), which do give you victory point chips.

Yes, those are different: a card like Linnaeus is an effect happening at a precise moment (when you buy a Golden Age) and gives you VP chips, and so it is logged. Potala Palace doesn't give you VP chips, it's an end of game scoring, no different than the VPs you get from workers on buildings and military, and those are not logged.
AzrgExplorers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough!
Talaborn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Salem Witch Trials Reply with quote

In game 66103 Japan was last in stability. Event was Salem Witch trials. Japan didnt lose the Emperor (for sure). But didnt lose 3 gold instead. Did I miss a rule or is it a bug?
Greetings
Talaborn
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Salem Witch Trials Reply with quote

Talaborn wrote:
In game 66103 Japan was last in stability. Event was Salem Witch trials. Japan didnt lose the Emperor (for sure). But didnt lose 3 gold instead. Did I miss a rule or is it a bug?

It looks like a bug to me: the Emperor can never be removed, so I think that in this cases Japan should be treated as having no advisor.
I will fix this, thank you for reporting.
AzrgExplorers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Hajj from Mali Reply with quote

When the Hajj from Mali event is applied, and one of the players affected has 2 gold or less, that player isn't mentioned in the log (even to say "not enough gold, no loss"). This can be confusing; see for example game #66044.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Hajj from Mali Reply with quote

AzrgExplorers wrote:
When the Hajj from Mali event is applied, and one of the players affected has 2 gold or less, that player isn't mentioned in the log (even to say "not enough gold, no loss"). This can be confusing; see for example game #66044.

Fixed, thanks for reporting.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Salem Witch Trials Reply with quote

Talaborn wrote:

This is now fixed: Japan player can't lose the Emperor so he will always lose 3 Gold in this Event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> Nations All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum