Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - Minor logging issues (report here instead of in a new topic)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minor logging issues (report here instead of in a new topic)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talaborn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: War button Reply with quote

Hi,
not really important, but perhaps a small bug. If Mongolia buy a war with military value below zero, the black war button does not appear on the game board (ID=66288).
Greetings
Talaborn
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: War button Reply with quote

Talaborn wrote:
not really important, but perhaps a small bug. If Mongolia buy a war with military value below zero, the black war button does not appear on the game board (ID=66288).

Right, I will try to fix this, thank you.
Talaborn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
there seems to be more than a design-bug. War should never have a military strenth below zero. The FAQ says:

If you have less than 0 Strength and
buy a war, put the war marker on 0
strength. [1.8]

So Mongolia should have lost the war in ID=66288 with negative military strength, I think. (The current game shouldnt get fixed in my opinion; he would have played otherwise, if the button shows up at zero. So it is very difficult to repair it fairly).

Greetings
Talaborn
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you for pointing out this on the faq. I will fix it when I will be back home, in a couple of weeks (currently away).
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is now fixed: war value will be set to 0 if war is bought by Mongolia player with negative strength.
B_Factor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Zoroastrian revival Reply with quote

Hi, MaBi.

In game 66530, I'm making my choice for the Zoroastrian revival event, but when I make either choice, I don't see the results reflected in the game state before confirming my turn.

I'm assuming that this is just a matter of pre-confirmation logging and that the event itself isn't buggy, but I thought you might like to standardize this event with everything else in the game.

I'm therefore holding off on confirming my turn to wait for your response, whether you want to change the code or leave it as is.

I hope this description makes sense; thanks in advance for your attentiveness as always!
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the action is carried out after you confirm your choice. It could be done immediatley when you choose +4 Stone but generally not for the other choice (-3 Food for others) because there could be players without enough Food. For this reason it's done all later (I think, I don't remember my reasoning at the time I implemented this).
I will consider whether it's worth to reimplement it, but I'm not sure, so for now please go on with the game.
Thank you.
B_Factor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In game 66606 (now completed), Titanic (wonder) was ready in the final round and three advisors were removed. However, when Pocahontas was removed, there was no mini icon shown for the card the way there was for the other two advisors.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B_Factor wrote:
In game 66606 (now completed), Titanic (wonder) was ready in the final round and three advisors were removed. However, when Pocahontas was removed, there was no mini icon shown for the card the way there was for the other two advisors.

Ah, ok... that was different because the player had no Gold so he had no choice and his advisor was removed by a different line of code, with the image missing. It's fixed now, thanks for reporting.
B_Factor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, MaBi. Please let me provide an excerpt from the log for game 68005, Medieval (II) - A, Famine phase:
    Famine value: -2
    qcsouverain: -2 ( -0 , -1 , -0 )
    qcsouverain: -1
    qcsouverain: -1

As you can see, player qcsouverain didn't have enough food or books, and thus chose to lose stone. No VP was lost for not having enough books, which is actually correct in this case because the player had already lost a VP for insufficient books earlier in the round.

What is slightly wrong (and is thus my reason for this report) is that the log doesn't show the "already lost VP" (or whatever the precise text is) after the "-0 [books]" that I'm sure I've seen in other games when a player doesn't lose VP a second time in a round for a given resource.

I hope I've expressed the matter clearly! (Also, I tried to use the game's icons here to reproduce the log entry more clearly, but I don't have the ability to scale the icons here the way you do in the game, apparently.)

Anyway, thanks in advance for looking into this!
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B_Factor wrote:
What is slightly wrong (and is thus my reason for this report) is that the log doesn't show the "already lost VP" (or whatever the precise text is) after the "-0 [books]" that I'm sure I've seen in other games when a player doesn't lose VP a second time in a round for a given resource.

Yes, the message "alreaady lost this round" was indeed missing in the case of books loss. It's fixed now, thanks for reporting!
B_Factor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, MaBi. Got a new one for you from game 68394, Medieval (II) - B, Resolution - Production phase:
    bubbaxis: +2 +7 +0 -4 ( -2 , -1 , no loss (already lost this round))

I'm confused by the "no loss (already lost this round)" because this is the first time the player has lost VP for books this round, so the loss should happen.

Because I'm not the player affected and because I didn't expect anything would go amiss, I didn't verify the player's VP total prior to ending the round, so I can't determine whether this is a simply a logging issue or an actual bug—I'm posting here because I hope it's the latter!

Thanks as always for your attention to these reports!
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that it's only a logging bug and the VP count is correct (the player had 4VP at the end of the round and he lost 1 in production, 1 in revolt and 1 in the event, leaving him with his current 1VP).
I introduced this logging bug when I tried to fix the one you previously reported... will fix again.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, hopefully it's fixed now.
B_Factor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaBi wrote:
Ok, hopefully it's fixed now.

Yes, it looks to be fixed now. Thanks once more!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> Nations All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum