Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - Concede options for three player game?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Concede options for three player game?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Robin



Joined: Jan 19, 2017
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Concede options for three player game? Reply with quote

Is it possible for nations? Having a three player game where two of us are obviously far behind the leader so it is not fun to continue playing a game like this. If 'concede' was implemented for two player what is preventing it from being implemented in a three player game?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaBi
Site Admin


Joined: Jan 01, 2006
Posts: 925
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just that with 2 players it's easy to implement, with more it gets complicated (both have to agree) and I doubt it's worthwile to do the work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
H__B



Joined: Apr 16, 2017
Posts: 35
Location: Austria

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaBi wrote:
Just that with 2 players it's easy to implement, with more it gets complicated (both have to agree) and I doubt it's worthwile to do the work.

Why both have to agree? If one player concedes, he is just left out of any action.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
B_Factor



Joined: Jan 21, 2017
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H__B wrote:
MaBi wrote:
Just that with 2 players it's easy to implement, with more it gets complicated (both have to agree) and I doubt it's worthwile to do the work.

Why both have to agree? If one player concedes, he is just left out of any action.

Because the game can become unbalanced if one player just drops out like that. I'm in another game where another player is taking ridiculous actions that aren't benefitting himself but are hampering another player, and therefore those are ultimately benefitting one of the remaining players. The same sort of thing can happen if one player is simply allowed to bail.

If one player bails, the game is basically dead, so it's best to just move on. (I say this as a player who hates it when others abandon games, but I see no point in carrying on with a broken game after that.)

Also, MaBi's time is better spent fixing bugs and implementing Dynasties than working on helping broken games to continue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
H__B



Joined: Apr 16, 2017
Posts: 35
Location: Austria

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B_Factor wrote:

Because the game can become unbalanced if one player just drops out like that. I'm in another game where another player is taking ridiculous actions that aren't benefitting himself but are hampering another player, and therefore those are ultimately benefitting one of the remaining players. The same sort of thing can happen if one player is simply allowed to bail.

If one player bails, the game is basically dead, so it's best to just move on. (I say this as a player who hates it when others abandon games, but I see no point in carrying on with a broken game after that.)

So how to quickly end a 3+ game if you want to concede, it is simply not possible, right?

B_Factor wrote:
Also, MaBi's time is better spent fixing bugs and implementing Dynasties than working on helping broken games to continue.

Yeah, maybe, but it would be something to consider to broaden the implementation team a bit. I might be interested.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Forums ©

 
MaBiWeb copyright 2006 by MaBi
PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi.
Page Generation: 0.09 Seconds