Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - New game: Nations
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New game: Nations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: New game: Nations Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
it has been a long time since I posted something here in the News section, the last time was in March 2010 announcing the removal of Samurai, and the last game added was "In the Year of the Dragon", back in July 2008.
Now, after more than 8 years, there is finally a new game: Nations, designed by Rustan Hakansson, Nina Hakansson, Einar Rosen and Robert Rosen, and published by Lautapelit.fi (see the game page on BGG, rules in english are available for download on the publisher's site).

The game has been in beta-testing for a couple of months and many games have been played (a big thank you to all the play-testers!), but this is a rather complex games with many cards and effects so it's possible that there are still some bugs, hopefully occurring only in rare specific circumstances. If you run into bugs or other issues, please report them in the Nations forum here on mabiweb.

MaBi
PaleHorse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this great addition to your site MaBi. If this is a start of adding more games to the site, it's a wonderful start.
dbgomes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see we've made it past beta testing and into live mode now MaBi. Well done!! I can definitely say that as a tester it's been a great experience thus far. Now we just need to get it out to the public to expand the user base to have more players (so that preferably we can have more users from different time zones so that the asynchronous nature of the game means that we are all taking turns during daylight hours). I assume you'll advertise it on the BGG forums and game page. I'll certainly do my bit to spread the word of mouth.

Now considering that you've done so much already, these are my wish list requests only by way of putting it out there Smile

- single player option (I do like single player and would be a good fix to knock out an online game in one sitting not requiring another player (I know you're a fan of the "Aris" variant, which could be fairly easily programmed I'm guessing?
- Dynasty expansion to add more nations, the additional cards, natural wonders. Everything in dynasties makes improves and makes the game even better IMO so if that could be done, it would only be a plus.

As I say, only wish list requests if you were insterested and don't have anything else to do (which I highly doubt!!)

Thanks again MaBI!!!

Dan
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbgomes wrote:
- single player option

I have already done some work on the official solo variant, so this will probably happen sometime in the future (but I'm a bit concerned about the potential strain on server and database resources, which are quite limited in my current shared hosting service).

dbgomes wrote:
- Dynasty expansion

Yes, Dynasties is the obvious step forward. I will ask permission for this to the publisher, but I confess I'm kind of hoping they say no: all rules are broken in dynasties cards and effects and it would be a nightmare to implement, probably requiring some major reworking of the code. Anyway, one step at a time, I will ask and then we'll see.
dbgomes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update on the two options moving forward. Would love both to become reality, but totally understand your points (particularly on how to implement dynasties). Until then I'll keep enjoying what we have Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: