Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - block deadbeats
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

block deadbeats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talonz

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: block deadbeats Reply with quote

I know stuff happens, but Id like a way to block deadbeats from playing in my games again.
PaleHorse

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is a badly needed addition to this site. Too many times I have been left hanging because someone just leaves the game.
Robin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I have to keep a list of names of idiots who play games 90% through and then drop out without a word of explanation, or take days to take their turn. I currently have a game of Nations going on that is in progress for two months. It's a three player game and unfortunately I cannot concede.
americaneagle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you three!

I’ve have notice players will join several games , then only make moves in those games in which they are doing well, their other games are skipped for much longer periods of time.

Question to the Admin, is there a way to know a player’s time between moves. Basically how long does it take for a player to make a move; 1 hour, 12, hours, 1 day, 2 days?

With this knowledge of player’s time between moves, this can be used as ‘selection criteria’ when creating a new game.
Example: to join this game, player must have ‘move time’ under xx hours.

Also, need to stop players from joining multiple games when they have outstanding moves in other games. To join a game, players cannot have any game waiting on them!

Plus, those players in multiple games must make moves in (latest) order of ‘last updated’ time. Stops players from only making moves in the games they are doing well in.

I’m getting sick of these deadbeat players. So much coding has gone into the game Nations, and I’m yet to complete a game in which someone has not quit!
Oh, I stand corrected, I have one game completed, a game in which I was completely blown out early in the game, yet continued until the end!

My suggestion:
1-A time ‘selection criteria’ is desperately needed for creation of new games

2-Players in multiple games must make moves in ‘last updated’ time

3-Any player that quits a game gets flagged as a quitter, then that flag can be used for creation of new games
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: