Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - Current player summary at top
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Current player summary at top

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edroz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Current player summary at top Reply with quote

I have been having fun playing Hansa and haven't hit any bugs yet. Good job. However, I would like a small change to the user interface.

When I am doing my move, I am constantly scrolling down to see my stats, mainly money left and goods loaded. Can you place a small summary of the current players stats at the top of the page, say next to or under the players score summary? You could even place the discard/sell/market controls there as well.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it does make sense, I will try to come up with something. Thanks for the suggestion.
ekted

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be even nicer if you detect that the browser is running at larger resolutions (1600+) to put all the player stuff on the right.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have put at the top of page a summary of active player stats, with clickable links to execute the actions. It should be handy for expert players, I just hope it won't be confusing for newbies still struggling with the interface (for the moment I have left the old action links in the usual place, maybe I will remove them later). Anyway in case of problems let me know, I can go back in no time.

Ekted, about your request, I'm sorry but I don't want to get involved in managing different interfaces for different browsers or resolutions or OS or anything else. It would be a horribly time consuming task, and I prefer to spend my time on the games.
ekted

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaBi wrote:
Ekted, about your request, I'm sorry but I don't want to get involved in managing different interfaces for different browsers or resolutions or OS or anything else. It would be a horribly time consuming task, and I prefer to spend my time on the games.

Understand completely. I had to try. :)
spearjr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toro wrote:
I like the small summary information at the top, and the possibility to click the goods marker to build a market or to select goods to sell at the top of the page.

Can you provide small links to "reset current turn" and "end your turn" at the top of the page, too? That would be really great, because that are the only two things, why I scroll down the page.

Agreed, more controls above the map (in hansa) or above the cards (in richelieu) would be very nice.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really don't want to let me start working on Samurai, do you? :wink:
When I designed the interface I concentrated on the main points without paying much attention to details, but I realize how important are these interface tweakings. My to-do list is getting longer and longer, and I will not always be able to dedicate much of my spare time to mabiweb, but I will try to follow your suggestions.
Keep them coming, because in any case they will be useful for next games: doing it right from the beginning is better than patching afterwards.
(Toro, sometimes scrolling down to have a look at other players' reserve could be a good idea :) ).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> Hansa All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: