Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - Alternate Castellan Rules?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternate Castellan Rules?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolpapa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Alternate Castellan Rules? Reply with quote

It seems like it's fairly standard for people to play that you can't play your Castellan until you've played at least as many cards as there are people behind you score-wise. I.e. the last place player can play it right away, but the leader in a four-player game has to play 3 other cards first. This prevents the leader from just scoring provinces before anyone else can get influence there to earn points, thus denying them a chance to catch up.

Is this available as an alternate rule in this implementation? Having no idea how it's coded, I don't know how difficult it would be to add, but it's a thought.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this variant is not currently implemented here (I haven't played that many games of Kreta, but I'm not yet convinced there is really a need for this variant).
coolpapa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played twice myself, so I'm just going by what I've heard. It wouldn't be a hard rule for people to implement themselves if they wanted it anyway.
Knave75

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am certainly no Kreta expert, but the basic tension of the game as far as I am concerned is the "now" vs. the "later". Do I score "now", or do I set up for "later". Delaying the play of the Casty would let me score "now" and build up stuff for "later", ruining the entire tension of the game.

Playing Casty involves losing an action, if your opponents are pushing the scoring forward, then you are getting a number of "free" actions that your opponents are not responding to. If that is not enough for you to catch up, then I would suggest that you have fairly lost the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> Kreta All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: