Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - Notepad?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Notepad?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaditus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Notepad? Reply with quote

Mabi

Having played a bit on both your site and SBW I thought I would mention one thing that I do find helpful on SBW.

The notepad feature which allows you to put up notes for yourself during the game. Particularly in Shadow I have to rethink what I am doing each time I come to play. If I could put 'move to Trier' or something similar it would be helpful next time it was my move.

I have no idea how difficult this is to implement or whether it has overheads but I thought I would raise the issue.

I did raise a couple of 'wants' with SBW and found that you had already implemented them on your site when I registered!

As usual thanks for your excellent work.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Notepad? Reply with quote

Gaditus wrote:
The notepad feature which allows you to put up notes for yourself during the game.

I have never used that feature, so I didn't take it into consideration for this site, and I wonder how many people actually use it.
Anyway it shouldn't be difficult and I will add it to my to-do list, but keep in mind that features not useful to me have low priority :).

(Sometime in the future I will have to stop working on new games and spend more time on all those low-priority things).
Gaditus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mabi - if you wouldn't use it yourself, it deserves to go in the lowest priority category.

If anyone else is interested in it please say so here!
Ladislaus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Notepad? Reply with quote

Gaditus wrote:
The notepad feature which allows you to put up notes for yourself during the game.

I agree with Gaditus in that this would be a useful feature for MaBiWeb. Thanks for "listening" MaBi!

:D
Oblio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be handy to have a poll on this...

I think it would be a useful feature - maybe it's because I'm getting older, but with a few days between moves I sometimes get a bit cloudy as to what my strategy was.
glasse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently joined here, and a notepad function was something I also missed. I think that it would be very helpful in all games with some strategy and not only tactics; I am thinking about especially In the Shadow of the Emperor.
RickT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of a notepad to help me create a post mortem. Sometimes I try a new approach, but since it typically takes a week or more to finish a game, I rarely remember to look back and see if it worked or not. (But I agree that this is a very low priority issue.)

It may need to be shut off for Hidden Score games.
HaveACrack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mabi. This is a really old topic, but having found it, I feel I must join the queue of people who'd like it. I'm currently in about 12-15 games, Mostly Year of the Dragon & Richelieu, but a couple of Kreta as well. Sadly most games of Richelieu take about a week (or longer) to finish, and where there are 3 or more players, the others take much longer than this; It would be great to be able to make a few notes about what I think is the most urgent thing to do in the next action / next 2-3 game rounds, in the game itself; currently I've got some notes on assorted bits of paper...

Anyway, I know you're the one doing the work, so I'll leave it to you... :roll: , but it would be really useful. I know of one other player who has commented on this in one of my completed games, but who hasnt written anything in this forum.
ElVanbee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here - I would certainly welcome the feature and not just for ShadowEmperor but also for YearDragon
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
adding the notepad is one of the many useful features that could be added but unfortunately, as you have surely noticed, development on mabiweb has stopped since a few years. I don't know if in the future I will go back to do some new work, new features and new games, but for the time being I'm just maintaining the site, basically just keeping it up and running.
ElVanbee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is already a very very fine and well appreciated service
HaveACrack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to cancel my previous post on this thread, as I now play games on Yucata as well, and it has a notepad feature... and I dont use it! :oops:

I also appreciate this site, Mabi. It is excellent.
Snakesy

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Notepad? Reply with quote

MaBi wrote:
Gaditus wrote:

I have never used that feature, so I didn't take it into consideration for this site, and I wonder how many people actually use it.
Anyway it shouldn't be difficult and I will add it to my to-do list, but keep in mind that features not useful to me have low priority :).

(Sometime in the future I will have to stop working on new games and spend more time on all those low-priority things).

This feature would be amazing!! I am playing a few games of nations and struggle to remember what my strategy was each turn which normally ends in mistakes.
dbgomes

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To throw my hat in the ring. I play multiple games at once and I would definitely use a notepad feature to remind me when I hop back in what my next moves were meant to be and general strategy for the round.

As always, love the site that you have here!!
ferion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second this 100% :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: