Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - Suggestion re: Province Names
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion re: Province Names

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nlp

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Suggestion re: Province Names Reply with quote

I've started my first online game of Kreta, and things are working great, so far! :D

One small improvement I thought you might like to implement would be to give actual names for the 16 regions used in the game. Currently, when you mouse-over a province, you'll see something like "Province J", which just seems a bit too... generic.

Although the provinces in the original boardgame don't have names (or even letters!), you could make the game a bit more thematic by using suitable names (preferably based on important mediaeval locations) for these provinces. I looked closely at a detailed map of Crete, and have come up with the following suggestions for province "names":

A - Inahorion
B - Hania
C - Eliros
D - Rethymnon
E - Kerames
F - Eleftherna
G - Messara
H - Heraklion
I - Rizinia
J - Gortys
K - Kamara
L - Ierapitna
M - Mohlos
N - Stavrohori
O - Itanos
P - Zakros

Someone from Crete or Greece could probably do better, but this might do for a start.

Thanks for all your hard work on Kreta, as well as the other excellent games here on MaBiWeb. I hope you find this suggestion useful! :)
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I don't know. I agree that names would be nicer and more thematic, but I think that letters, alphabetically arranged from left to right, are still more useful from a practical point of view (I know that province 'C' is on the left side, while I wouldn't know where to start looking for 'Eliros'). We'll see.. (maybe using both?), thanks for your suggestion!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> Kreta All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: