Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - Richelieu Game Explosion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Richelieu Game Explosion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColdWarrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Richelieu Game Explosion Reply with quote

The game between Mike Herms and I:

http://www.mabiweb.com/modules.php?name=GM_Richelieu&g_id=135&op=view_game_reset

(Game #135) seems to have exploded. Its no one's turn and the game displays the following message everywhere:

"Warning: end(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /web/htdocs/www.mabiweb.com/home/modules/GM_Richelieu/functions.php on line 536"

Hope you can help. In general, I think the website is great, as is the port. I am enjoying the two games I am playing.

Jason
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:cry: :cry:
Ok, this is the second game explosion, after the Hansa accident last week, with exactly the same result: game position in the DB is totally blanked, so the game is lost. Obviously this can no longer be ascribed to a server fluke or something like that: there is a serious problem somewhere in the code. Unpredictable and unreproduceable bugs are difficult to track down, so I'm afraid it will take some time.
In the meantime, as a workaround I have added some sanity checks in the save routine in order to prevent that a faulty position is saved into the DB, causing the irreparable loss of the game. Should this problem arise again, you should get an error message inviting you to reload the game from the DB and repeat your turn actions (of course I couldn't test it, let's hope that it works).

I thank you all again for your help and the time you are dedicating to the testing, I appreciate it very much. And thanks for your patience with these problems.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have identified the source of the problem (I have been able to reproduce the same game explosions at will on my developing site at home), and I think I have fixed it.
There shouldn't be anymore not only games losses but also the occasional blanked out game-boards, so if you still spot something like this please let me know asap.
(I mean, no more explosions due to this problem, maybe there are other bugs out there! :roll:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> Bug reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: