Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - More auto-move for Nations?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More auto-move for Nations?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwytse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: More auto-move for Nations? Reply with quote

Hi Mabi,

To begin with, many thanks for your effort in delivering this website for the world of the Nations fans.

I played a couple of games and found that it is very annoying when the game is pending for a player to simply click a button (when there is no option available for that player). For example:

- Select the Board for the last player.
- Clicking 'Complete' to place the Natural Wonder when there is available blank wonder space. (I think most of the players won't mind where the wonder is placed)

It would be good if we can select these as auto-move so that we can speed up the game.

Thanks and cheers
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is much room for more auto-moves in Nations. Yes, there is the board selection for last player, but that happens just once in a game, how much annoying can it be?
The Wonder placement can't always be automatic: even if there are free spaces a player can choose to over-build another (non-permanent) Wonder, maybe because there is a cost, or a negative effect, or whatever, if it's allowed by the rules it must be available. So once you take this into account the code for auto-move becomes more complicated and its benefit reduced.

As I have said before, I know it could be polished and improved in many ways but I have stopped development for Nations a long time ago and I don't plan to add anything more ('personal notes' was the last thing still in my to-do list). Only bug-fixing, or really easy little changes.
kwytse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your prompt reply, Mabi! and thanks again for delivering this website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: