Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - a couple minor "security" suggestions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a couple minor "security" suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
astroglide

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: a couple minor "security" suggestions Reply with quote

i think the game is utterly and awesomely playable as-is. i've been using mabiweb constantly!

1 - end the game in 'sudden death' if a person absolutely cannot lose (e.g. in a 2 player game they have unstoppable majorities in 2/3 objects). i don't think it's necessary to cover every possible "no-lose" situation, but the 2/3 thing seems to happen a lot where a person has won and both players must play several more tiles before the game can end.

2 - on the 'END GAME!' end of turn play, indicate which player will win ('END GAME - YOU WIN!') for simplicity and comfort. i know i can't be the only one that counts and recounts before nervously submitting a move even when i think i have it locked down :)
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: a couple minor "security" suggestions Reply with quote

astroglide wrote:

1 - end the game in 'sudden death' if a person absolutely cannot lose (e.g. in a 2 player game they have unstoppable majorities in 2/3 objects). i don't think it's necessary to cover every possible "no-lose" situation, but the 2/3 thing seems to happen a lot where a person has won and both players must play several more tiles before the game can end.

Hmm... I don't think this would be really worthwile. Several more tiles? My experience so far has been different, it can happen to play 1 or 2 useless turns, but no more than this (also because usually both players cooperate to reach the end game condition).
If there is a game which really needs a resign option, that's 2-player Tigris&Euphrates!

astroglide wrote:

2 - on the 'END GAME!' end of turn play, indicate which player will win ('END GAME - YOU WIN!') for simplicity and comfort. i know i can't be the only one that counts and recounts before nervously submitting a move even when i think i have it locked down :)

There is no need to count anything: the scoring table is always updated during your turn, not only at the end, so you can just look there and see who is the winner (ok, it's not as explicit as a 'YOU WIN' sign, but it's close :)).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> Samurai All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: