Username: Password:
  Create an account Home  ·  Game Manager  ·  Forums  ·  Your Account  
Login
Username

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one.

Site Sections
· Home
· Game Manager
· Forums
· Private Messages
· Your Account

Game Manager
· Your games
· Waiting games
· Create new game
· Running games
· Completed games

Recent News

MaBiWeb: Forums

MaBiWeb :: View topic - revealed player cards
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

revealed player cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> In the Year of the Dragon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chadm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: revealed player cards Reply with quote

The implementation looks good so far.

One change from the original that I have seen is that the player cards are clearly listed. In the face-to-face game a player's hand is hidden and the used cards are usually stacked so only the top can be seen.

This is a minor issue and I realized that it is very difficult to remove player action-tracking from the game. I do think it merits mention on the changes section of the game description.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think that in play-by-web all trackable information should always be openly displayed.
In this case I hadn't even thought about the change because it doesn't really have such a big impact on the game (unlike for example hidden scoring in Samurai or Shadow of the Emperor), so I hope it won't be necessary to create a "hidden cards" option.
But I have added it to the changes list on the description page as you suggested.

Thanks,
MaBi
easterly1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in game 22009.

some of us have had trouble seeing the palace icon/image marker in our turn box.... if that makes any sense. otherwise it seems to be working.
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easterly1 wrote:
some of us have had trouble seeing the palace icon/image marker in our turn box...

This has been reported by another player too, but I'm unable to replicate the problem. Those icons are just normal images, only reduced in size. What browser are you using?
easterly1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IE 7.0.57930.11

the other images appear fine, its just the palace
snowphx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I view the game on firefox, everything displays correctly. However, if I view it using IE -- then the palaces don't display in the player turn box.

Also, when viewing with IE, I see little gray boxes around the score markers and the influence markers. This issue also goes away when I'm using firefox.

(this is also from game 22009)
MaBi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowphx wrote:
When I view the game on firefox, everything displays correctly. However, if I view it using IE -- then the palaces don't display in the player turn box.

Ok, there was a little bug, I think this should be fixed now.

Quote:
Also, when viewing with IE, I see little gray boxes around the score markers and the influence markers. This issue also goes away when I'm using firefox.

I know this happens with IE-6: the gray pixels should be transparent but that version of IE doesn't support transparency in 16 bit images. In the past I used to create two different sets of images, one in 8 bit gif for IE and one in 16 bit png (which are a lot better) for the rest, but as you can imagine that's a lot of additional work and since now IE-7 does support transparency in 16 bit I just use that for all browsers.
rsp57

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: fixed Reply with quote

Just to confirm that the build palace graphic, formerly broken in my browser (IE 7) is now showing up fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaBiWeb Forum Index -> In the Year of the Dragon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: